GOE XIX, Day 10: The Wet Journey Home

Sunday, June 28th, 2015

So our first stop wasn't even out of the town of Norwich. We were tired of wet feet, and decided to invest in new footwear, especially some that are waterproof. Kasey also bought some gloves. My old boots, no longer holding water out, went into the trash, and I wore the new boots out of the store.

We braved through the wet weather, with the hope of heading west, and the rain heading east, we would drive out of it. Well that happened, once in a while, and in waves. I use my phone as my GPS with an app from Sygic, but I had the first part of the route memorized. We did out ride my memory. After a stop, I got it out, and decided to let it get wet, since it would be better than being lost.

During a dry stretch, and when we were getting back on the route, we hit Monkey Run Road. It was hard packed gravel, better than some chip and seal roads I have been on. It did turn to dirt and mud, but we made it through.

We made our way back to Route 6 through Pennsylvania, and it was getting close to noon, and time for our first meal stop. We arrived in Galeton, a place that looked like it might have a place to provide lunch. After riding part of the way through town, we arrived at the Ox Yoke Inn. Lunch was filling, not the best meal I have had on the road, but I did like the place. It also had small cabins, and little strip of hotel rooms, and you will see that it is motorcycle friendly place.

Back out on the road, and back in the rain. That was pretty much it for the day, riding mostly on US 6, and heading west through the rain. We would make our way south too, and end up at our hotel in Mars or Cranberry, not real sure of the name of the town. It wasn't raining when we arrived, and we hoped it hold for the night, and for the next day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans