I Hate Being Forced to Ride

Thursday, July 16, 2009



I was about to head out on the bike to a destination that I had just visited the day before, Dreyer Honda South. I had gone the day before to show them the Air Cleaner Cover on my Honda VTX 1800 to get it replaced still under warranty. I had driven it down there before, only to find out that the crack under the chrome could not be seen when the bike is warm. So yesterday, I drove the cover, in my very cool air conditioned truck, only to be told that I need to bring the bike back.

So here I am, forced to ride. So the Air Cleaner was mounted back on the bike, and I was heading out. I figured if someone was twisting my arm to ride, I may as well make it a scenic trip.

I started out heading east on Washington Street to Franklin Road, and then heading south. After heading this way for a mile or so, I arrived at SR 52, Brookville Road, that I took south and east.

Just short of the town of New Palestine, Indiana, I turned south toward the little creek side town of Sugar Creek. This is one of my favorite rides, as the road ebbs and flows with the creek that runs along it, After some miles on county roads, and jogging between a few of those county roads, I passed over I-74, and arrived on the part of the road labeled Sugar Creek.

I have taken this road many times, both going south and north, but I must admit, I like the route that takes me north better. Funny how you like certain roads one way more that the other.

I had figured I would be able to follow this road through Boggstown, and then to SR 44, which would take me into Franklin, Indiana. Well, not in Indiana, where the shortest distance between two points is always under construction. So it was some more county roads before I arrived on Greencastle Road.

Without the GPS, as it was in for repair, I had no idea where this road would come out at, or I didn't know the curves coming up. Greencaslte Road begs for some more investigation. Well I came into Franklin, Indiana, near the campus of Franklin College. A block or two, I would be on SR 44, making my way through Franklin.

When it arrived at US 31, I headed north toward Whiteland. US 31 is an old National Highway, but there was little high along here but the commercialization. From Franklin back to Indianapolis, it was just on continuous Urban Sprawl.

I arrived at Tracey Road, turned right. It is a short trip, but I pulled the bike into Dreyer's Parking Lot. There was a space right near the door to the service department, and I pulled into the space. Since I was there just yesterday, it was a short visit. The service guy still needed to look at the bike to see if he could see it.

I left heading east on Tracey Road. Before long I over passed I-65, and then turned north on a county road, and then jogged my way onto a frontage road. One I saw industry, I knew I was close to Greenwood, Indiana, and the town's main street, that would lead me to I-65.

I made my way to the interstate, and then made time heading into downtown. I veered off on I70 for a brief stint because I got off at McCarty Street. I made my way through the near south side of town, around the circle, and then north on US 31, Meridian Street.

I made my through the near north side of Indianapolis, and then beared off on Westfield Boulevard and cruised into Broad Ripple. After riding through the village, and then headed north on Westfield Boulevard. A few nice sweepers later, and I turned on my parent's street, and pulled into their driveway.

I checked over the house, and then ventured out to make my way home. Between the risk of traffic, and that I had a long afternoon of riding, I took the interstate on the way home. I had to get there, and I did it this way: South on Westfield Boulevard, then around the round about to 96th Street. From their is was south on Keystone, nd then east on I 465.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans