Get Your Tickets!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


Motorcycle riding is often compared to being a cowboy, just that you sit atop a steel horse. Well, there are days you feel like the cowboy, and days you feel like the horse. I know the above map is a mess, but allow me to explain.

I started out on my usual route across town, and into Danville, Indiana. I headed west on Washington Street, then veered off on Rockville Road, crossing 465 where it becomes US 36, splitting my way through Avon, Indiana, and then into Danville. When I arrived at Kasey's house, no one but Jessie, her Chocolate Lab, and her two cats where home. I let myself in.

When Kasey and her two kids got home, I was in the back of the house on the computer checking my email. There was no Hellos, no How are you doing, they were both heading down one track. It would have sounded like a chorus if they weren't screaming, the refrain? Can we go on a motorcycle ride!

Well, Kasey and I laid out a plan, first, she would take her daughter to her parent teacher conference while I took the boy on his ride. Then, while Kasey and her son where taking Jessie the dog to the vet, her daughter and I would have our ride. Once all that was done, it was momma's turn for her ride.

Her son wanted to start out going over to visit his friend, to run it in actually. We made our way around the north end of town, and into the neighborhood where is friend lived. We caught up to him at another friend's house. After that short visit, we headed south on 200 East, and across US 36.

After riding around the quarry, we began west on 200 South in Hendrick's County. Along this way was a tree lined road with some nicely colored leaves on the trees. This county road runs into SR 39. We took the state road north, and back into Danville, and then to Kasey's house. She and the girl were back, and it was time to exchange riders.

Her daughter didn't have an agenda, so we headed out of town going west, and rode past her school. The road has some nice twists and turns in it. From this county road, 50 South, we rode to 200 West, and headed south. Before we would arrive on 200 South again, this road would meander into County Road 250 West.

Once again, I ran into SR 39, keeping straight on 200 South, and riding the other direction through the tree lined, brilliantly colored street I rode with the son.

This time we went north on County Road 150 East. This time riding past some soccer fields, with the quarry along the right. Before we would arrive from behind the Kroger's, we would be stopped by a light, as only one lane of traffic can pass beneath the railroad bridge. This bridge is supposed to be haunted, and my passenger, a budding paranormal investigator, wants to find out.

We took US 36 into town, through Ellis Park, and then passed the Vet Office. Kasey's Car was still there, so we rode around the town, making a big u-turn. We went passed the hospital, and back on to US 36. We rode into Stratford Neighborhood, to go past a friend of her's house. It looked like no one was home, so we didn't stop, and she didn't get a chance to rub it in.

Back out on US 36, and up the hill, which was beginning to back up, as rush hour was approaching. As we passed the street the Vet's Office is on, we noted that Kasey's Car was gone now. We made our way back to her house.

Whew, two rides down, and one to go! I really need to sell fewer tickets!! At least I saved the best to last! I was going to be taking my favorite riding partner for a little longer, and little quicker ride, if you know what I mean.

We began by heading south on SR 39 out of town. We made our way back and forth along the state road until we arrived at US 40, The National Road. We headed east, as SR 39 is closed under construction. We did not stay on the divided highway for too long, and turned south on Miles Road, and rode on it until it turned to 600 South.

I was flying along without a route, just looking for roads with twists in them on the GPS. The next candidate was called Bottom Road. It meandered south to CR 800 South. We took that east for a bit, to what looked like a great road, but is was mostly gravel and grass when we passed on it, and then hit SR 267.

We took SR 267 north to US 40 once again. This time we headed west on The National Road. We took the road until Cartersburg Road, then headed north once again. This road has some great turns in it, and after passing a few cars that were going slower than we wanted to, we were able to carve them up pretty well.

Cartersburg Road lead us right into Danville, and after moving about a few town streets, we made our way back to Kasey's House. I and The Pearl could now rest for the evening. The next trip would be tomorrow, when I would head back to Indianapolis, not home at first, as I had an appointment downtown to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans