Back in the Saddle, Just the Two of Us

Good Friday, April 2, 2010


Today's ride starts out as a throw back to the early days of when Kasey and I was first dating. I was up early to hop on The Pearl, and head out into the cool morning air to get to her house. Since it was cooler, and it is always warmer in the city, I made my way through downtown. It seemed a little abuzz from some basketball game going on. I was trying to ignore the whole thing as much as possible.

I veered north, while still heading west, onto Rockville Road. Yes, it eventually makes it way to the Covered Bridge Town of Rockville, but looses it's name to being called US 36 for a bit first.

Rockville/US 36 takes me to the town of Danville, home of the Mayberry Cafe. When I see Barney Fife's replica car out front, I know I am close.

I pulled into Kasey's driveway, and turned the bike around. I was greeted by her huge, recently acquired, yellow dog named Nacho.

After some brief time getting ready for the ride, we climbed aboard, and headed out on the road. We wound our way through town to get through to SR 39. We took this state road south out of town.

We made our way through the town of Clayton, Indiana, then on to US 40, The National Road. After crossing, we were faced with a big black, white, and Orange Barricade. Guess what, more construction in Indiana! We turned onto East 600 South, heading east for a stretch.

The end of the road meant a turn south on to South 400 East. Another ending of a road lead us to South 525 East. This kept us going south, under I-70, and into Johnson County.

After a couple of jogs in the road, we arrived at SR 42, and headed east into the town of Mooresville, Indiana. We passed through town, and even though we stayed on the same road, it changed names to SR 144.

SR 144 is a road I have been on many times, and last year it was under construction, as storms and floods washed away a bridge. I winds south and east, into the town of Bargersville, and eventually into Franklin Road.

SR 144 ends in Franklin, and becomes SR 44. As does many roads in Indiana, the two digit roads branches to a three digit, then ends, or rejoins the original road.

We made our way through the home of Franklin College, then further east on SR 44. Yep, there is more construction on this road. Before we were met with signs of detour and barricades, we turned north on South 700 West.

This road jogs around on some county roads and eventually picks up the name of North Sand Creek Road. We wind our way through Indiana Farms until we arrive in Boggstown, Indiana. Though it is small town with a nice entertaining inn, I am told, it feature a intersection of five roads!

We continue north on London Road. Although I have ridden this complete stretch, it never has taken me to city of fog. Of course, I don't have pontoons on The Pearl to make it across the pond.

London Road makes it way through Sugar Creek, then ends, turning into county roads, which make us meander north and west, and then to SR 52.

We took US 52 north and west for s short bit to Muessing Street, where we headed north. We made our way through the farms and homes, and arrived at US 40, and Sero's Restaurant. Yep, another meal here. I told you when you are close to Cumberland, you got to eat her, so I have to practice what I preach.

After yet another great meal from this establishment, we made our way back to my house, via heading north to Tenth Street, then heading west. We would be going to Kasey's house for the night, then returning to my house for the Easter Weekend Festivities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans