Two Bikes, Two Guys and The Bread Ladies

Monday, May 10, 2010


I have a busy week ahead, and it is also going to be a week filled with rainy weather, so ride opportunities would be slim and/or none. With that in mind, John, a friend from my broadcasting past, and I were going for a ride. He got down to his anniversary date for his job, and had 19 Days of vacation to use.

He made it over to my house, and after a brief exchange, we mounted up on the bikes and headed north to Tenth Street. I could feel the cold air on my bare ankle as my jean's pants leg blew up on the short trip north. It was something I would just ignore, as I was on two wheels, and feeling like that new front tire was getting scuffed in.

We headed east on Tenth Street to Cumberland, passing the edge of town, and the backside of Washington Square Mall. It would be another mile north, and we would hit Twenty-First Street, and east again. Leaving Marion County, the road quickly becomes County Road 100 North.

So far the stretch were long and straight, but it was a good warm up since it had been a while since I had been out riding.

The curves would come when we turned north on Fortville Pike. I have been on this road several times, and it features nice sweepers to get warmed up on early int he season. After most of the great curves, there is a good stretch along homes that back up to a lake.

We had got a later start than I had wanted, and John and I both had commitments for later that day. I took and turn to the east again on County Road 600 North. It is another straight road, but it was new scenery, so I didn't mind.

This road would run us into State Road Nine. I pointed The Black Pearl south on the state highway with John behind me. It would only be a few miles before we crossed over Interstate 70, and then rode into the town of Greenfield, Indiana.

We meandered our way through town, and found a place to park in the shadow of the courthouse. I had heard great things about a place called The Bread Ladies, so that is where lunch would be had. After we entered the cafe, I could tell we would not be disappointed, as it was nearly a full house.

Lunch was great, and if you are ever near Greenfield, or it is a good drive to get to lunch is what you want, then head here. It is worth the trip!

After the good meal, and loads of conversation, John and I headed out of town on U-S Forty, or The National Road. I could take this all the way back to where we started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans