Spring 2012: Getting back in the saddle

Wow, just checked, it has been like two years since I posted here. Been a lot going on, moved myself, moved my business, and had to do some work on The Black Pearl.

Anyway, I hope to get back in the saddle more, and then on the blog afterwards.

Most of the riding I have been doing has been back and forth from my new home in Danville, Indiana to Cummins Television Studios in Columbus, Indiana. Here is my usual route:

I head south out of town on Cartersburg Road, a nice winding road that ends at US 40. A short jaunt to Miles Road, and I am back south, winding through farm country. Then the road bends east, into Plainfield, and eventually to SR 267.

SR 267 is a quick connection to I-70, yes I said I, as in Interstate, Highway. I know, but it is a trip to work.

From I-70 I run to I-465 to I-65 South. The bulk of the trip is spent on this super slab until US 31. This is also where I really feel the sun rising on my left side.

I take the ramps to US 31 South to Indianapolis Road, and then to CTN Building.

After eight to ten hours of editing, it is time to head back home. I return to Indianapolis Road that spills into US 31 North. I will be on US 31 until the town of Franklin, Indiana. It is dual lanes and divided, but it is more enjoyable than about any road with I as its first initial.

I leave Franklin heading west on SR 44. There are some good curves, and some rural scenery before I arrive in Morresville. A couple of city streets take me north and connect to SR 267. It veers on the north side of town, but I stay on the road and enter Plainfield. At US 40 once again, I head west to Vestal Road.

A county road takes me west and returns me to Cartersburg Road. I take it north back into Danville. I usually stop to get gas as the tank is nearly drained in with this 140 mile plus day,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans