I must be getting old, I ride like a Gold Winger!

Sunday, April 27th, 2008

Well, this is the year that my 40th Birthday approaches. As always, I can't fret it, I mean what can I do about it! I may as well celebrate, as I plan to enter old age kicking a screaming! I mean that is good cardo exercise, and it will help to be in good shape!

So Sunday grew on, I had completed the chores that I wanted to do for the day, and the sun was going down on what would possibly be the last good day for a couple of days.

My stomach was moaning, and I needed a treat. Close to six o'clock with the sun sitting, and the evening air cooling, I headed out. I took Tenth Street east to German Church Road. I went south on German Church, and arrived at you guessed it by the headline: Dairy Queen. Sure I had two other Dairy Queens much closer, and I even passed on of them, but I need to get some distance in! I parked the bike and headed inside for a cool treat.

NOTE: For those of you who don't know, Gold Wings and their riders are notorious for stopping by Dairy Queens. Sometimes I have to plan routes to avoid them, as I will loose the the Gold Wingers along the ride. I think Honda puts some kind of tracking device in them!! lol

I was not far from one of my favorite roads, Munsie Road, so I took a short jog east, and headed south down this lane of a few twists, and tree lined pavement. I took it all the way south to SR 52 or Brookville Road. I then headed north and west back into town.

Normally I would take Shadeland Avenue back home, but I Decided to head a bit further, and take Kitley Avenue north back to Washington Street.

So that was my nice trip to the home of the Blizzard, I Guess it just isn't for Gold Wingers anymore!

Comments

Anonymous said…
And you made fun of me when I stopped at the Dairy Queen in Danville the time you, me and Teresa rode to Wallace for lunch. !!! Happy birthday and welcome to the "other side" of 40. :)

Al
Anonymous said…
Hey, I ain't 40 yet!! I still got 3 months to kick, beat, and scratch my way throw my 30's!

;-p
Anonymous said…
Pass a DQ? Are you kidding? Won't happen!! Ride to eat, Eat to Ride, baby!

And welcome soon to 40, I took the hit last month so you won't get much sympathy from me!
Anonymous said…
Once Again, I am not 40! Yet! I am still kicking and screaming and in my 30's!

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans