A Llovely Day For a Ride

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ok, so I don't get numerous comments about a mis-spelling in the title, I will explain, the two LL's area reference to the fields of Llamas that I saw while riding today. I know there are more typos in these things, and I would rather ride than revise!

So here is the trip. Actually, two trips. Monday afternoon I would down to the television center for Cummins Engines to do some editing work. I also rode back on I-65, all interstate, not interesting enough to report on! I also took this route to get down there this morning, in the darkness. If we were in the right time zone, I might have been able to see a beautiful sunrise!

So we were done early in the day, and I had time to take the scenic route home. I am still amazed at how much standing water is still around. None over the streets, but fields have small ponds in them.

I started by veering off US-31 on CR 450, a few miles shy of I-65. I traced a few more County Roads, paralleled SR-9 for a bit, and eventually passed through Saint Louis Crossing. They still haven't gotten that arch done?

I was heading for a few of my favorite stretches of road, first up was Flat Rock River Road. It starts out with a picturesque bridge crossing. The road winds along the river. With a few jogs, and a stint on SR-44, I can get to London Road, and pass through Boggstown.

North of that, I can get on Sugar Creek Road. I am beginning to know this road like the back of my hand. The bike was working well, and I exercised the curves. Even though I would never go through this at that clip with a passenger, I did find myself think about giving someone the thrill of flying through those corners. I could even here a voice, saying lets do that again!

Sugar Creek Road ends, and after some stints on more County Roads, I end up on Pumpkin Vine, and back to SR-52. The next order of business was fuel. The light had been on for the past 20 miles.

I gassed up, and headed for home via Brookville Road, and Shadeland. With storms and cooler temps coming in, the bike was probably going to be parked for the week. But hey, I got in about 500 miles already this week! So next week, who knows where I might be off too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans