A Pair of Rides to Work

Tuesday, April 22, and Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just chiming in to report a couple of rides to a couple of jobs.

Ride one would be to the Indianapolis Public Schools Headquarter Building. I was to run a camera, as I do twice a month, for the school board meeting.

I started out on Washington Street, heading west into downtown Indianapolis. I veered north onto Shadeland. I thought if we went to dinner someplace that doesn't take credit cards, I need some cash. I rode up north to near 16th Street, and stopped at the bank.

I returned south on Shadeland Avenue to Tenth Street. I headed west, and took Tenth Street as far as I could into town. It curves south, and eventually joins St. Claire Street. I took that west, and arrived at the headquarter building.

It was an action session, and the meeting was over in good time. I headed north up Delaware Street, and took the exit to I-70, heading east out of town. Running the super slab at 55 mph, it didn't take long to get to the beltway of Indianapolis, 465. I took the ramp south, traveled on 465 south for about a mile, and then took the ramp to Washington Street.

The next morning, I had to report to work for IPS one more time. Not heading to the headquarters, but to the studios. I headed into town on Washington Street, and would take that west until State Street. I turned south, and cruised through the Fletcher Place Neighborhood until Fletcher Avenue. I passed west through the mix of old home designs, some remodeled, some showing their age. A slight curve in the road would lead me to the studios.

After an abbreviated shoot, I mounted up, and took Fletcher Avenue North a short bit, and the a road to get on the highway. The first section was actually I-65/I-70. This combination only lasts a few miles until the highways split and I took I-70 to the east side of town. Two ramps, one to 465, and another to Washington Street would take me to home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans