Lunch Run

Friday, April 25, 2008

Earlier in the week, Easy Rider Jim, who is also the Treasurer of the Indianapolis Cruiser Club wanted to meet, to iron out some details with our membership. We had decided on Eva's in Pendleton. I called to touch base with him to make sure we were still meeting. I had to take off right after the phone call.

I decided that I needed to get there, so I took Washington Street to 465, then I-70 East to SR 9. State Road 9 was the best part of the ride, even though the road was mostly straight. It did pass through some cool small towns on the way. Where SR 9 meets SR 67/US 36 is where Eva's sits.

Many of my motorcycle brethren have eaten there, but this was my first trip. I was not disappointed, the meal was great!

The trunk on the bike was loaded with electric house wire I had left over, and I was going to deliver it to my dad, to use in his new garage. I had dropped like 60 bucks for a 250 foot reel, and only used about 50 feet of it.

I headed down SR 67/US 36, and then veered to the west. I ended up following along with Jim on the way back. He peeled off north at one point, and I kept heading west until I connected to Fall Creek Parkway, just on the east side of Geist Resevior. I pulled on to the parkway, and wound my way around the big man made lake. I turned off at 96th Street.

I took 96th Street west to Keystone Avenue. I went north to 98th Street, then back west to Westfield Boulevard. It would just be another short jog north until I arived at the old neighborhood.

The wire was delivered, and after a short talk, I was back on my way home. I took Westfield to 98th, down to 465, and around the north east corner of town to Washington Street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans