Dinner and a Motorcycle

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Earlier in the day I had ridden to do a job, that was kind of a mundane ride, so I decided to break this ride up into its own post. As you can see, I have invented a whole new type of date. If this evening was actually a date, I really don't know, but perhaps I should endeavor to not be so oblivious to my new single lifestyle?

So that afternoon, I received a text message from Shelly. She was along on the VTX Meet, Greet, and Eat rRide that I did with the cruiser club, the one that like 8 million bikes showed up at! She rode in late with her mother. She wanted to know if I wanted to meet her for dinner, and then go for a ride. I called back, and said sure!

So around 6pm, I called and told her that I was available to meet, and she suggested Bella Vittas, a place on Giest Reseviour. They had seating overlooking the large lake. It seemed like a nice night for dinning on the water.

It took me about 20 minutes to make my way up Shadeland Avenue to Fall Creek Parkway, which I meandered along on east and north to the eatery. Shelly's bike was parked near the entrance, so I parked my bike int he same space.

I stepped inside, looking for her on the patio, but heard her calling my name from behind the bar. We had a drink, then decided to get dinner.

By the time we had finished, the sun was sinking fast. The patio was a bust, by the way, too cold and windy to stay out there. Shelly had part of her meal boxed up, but no luggage on her bike, as she is trying to make it a naked bike. I offered to ferry her leftovers back to her house.

I followed along back along Fall Creek Parkway. I enjoy this road, but Shelly and I have discussed, I enjoy twisty roads at a faster pace than she does. It was hard at time to stay behind her! We turned south on Arlington Avenue, passing all the way through town to the south side. At Thompson Road, we turned east, and then turned into her neighborhood street.

I parked the bike, and opened the saddle bag to see the container had opened, and spilled some of the contents into the bag. I pulled the bag off, and crated it into the kitchen where we cleaned it out.

After chatting a bit more, and meeting her dogs, I saddled up again, and headed for home. I took Thompson West until Emerson, and then north on Emerson to 465. The highway and Shadeland Avenue would take me home in short order. A brief stint on Washington Street, and I was back home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I did not know you had a "new single lifestyle".

Al

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans