An Uncovered Bridge on the Way to the PUD.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

It is a Thursday, and I am trying to remember when I last rode the bike to the Parental Unit Dwelling for dinner. First however, I was going to make a stop. If you have read any of these, you know my fascination with Covered Bridges. Well, they are building one at the State Fairgrounds, and I want to document some of its construction.

I started on what might seem like the only road near my house, Washington Street. I went west into town until Emerson Avenue, where I turned north. Nearly four miles later, at 38th Street, I headed west once again. After a few more miles, I would arrive the fairgrounds.

They had started cutting wood a couple weeks ago, and I had no idea where the construction was in the process. After tooling all the way around the fairgrounds, and not seeing any sign of a bridge, I returned to where I thought the bridge was to be built. A couple of guys were climbing into a truck. They said I was in the right place, but a little early for anything to be erected. That would begin on Tuesday.

I pulled back out on 38th Street, and headed west over to College Avenue. I took that north until Kessler, where I jogged over to Broadway, and then north to Westfield Boulevard. I then returned to College Avenue and took it north until 106th Street.

I went east on 106th, and then turned into my parent's neighborhood, tooling around until I arrived at their house.

Tonight we went to there church's garage sale, after hitting Culver's for dinner. I would take the highway, 465, back, after going south on Westfield Boulevard, and then east on 96th Street, and south for a short while on Keystone Avenue.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding