Riding to Work - One Long, One Short

Monday, November 27, and Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Monday was a regular trip to the station. It was a little chili in the morning, but the sunny skies have a way a making it a little warmer. I cruised west on Washington Street to Delaware. After going north for a mile, I went two blocks west on 10th Street to go north on Meridian.

The way home was just as uneventful, I went south on Pennsylvania Street to New York Street. This would take me east until it turned into Pleasant Run Parkway. I took the parkway until Arlington, and took it north to 10th Street. I traveled east on 10th Street to my street and driveway.

Tuesday would be a longer trip, as this day's job was in Columbus, Indiana. I want to make sure I arrive on time, so I took Washington Street west to Shadeland Avenue. The cloverleaf exit is tight, and the floorboard scrapped the pavement nearly all the way through the corner that would point me south. Shadeland is divided, and fifty-five miles per hour, which is good for time, cool for the legs. Shadeland would ramp unto 465, the loop around the city. 465 would bring me south and a little west before I would take another ramp to I-65 South. The speed limit is fifty-five for a few miles, and then jumps to seventy. It doesn't take long before I pass SR 44, and SR 252, and arrive where US 31 crosses I-65, my exit for Columbus. The traffic flowing with me is always light, as we are all headed out of town. The further south, the lighter it gets, even for the northbound folks heading into the capital city. Often, the first few miles is a sea of headlights, inching along the highway.

I am on US 31 for a few miles, and the traffic picks back up, as I have entered the Columbus, Indiana rush hour. I veer off on Indianapolis Road, and arrive at Cummins Television Center.

It was another quick day, and after eating some lunch, and packing some leftover pizza in the saddle bags, I headed out. I cut off of Indianapolis Road before I-65, and hit some County Roads. I zig-zaged around, and eventually ended up on SR-9, heading north. I made my way through Hope, Indiana that is, and to Flat Rock Road, or US-252. I twisted around on more county roads, and ended up back in Shelbyville, where I took Boggstown Road would lead me to that town. I wanted to pass by a Bikes and Trikes, a motorcycle shop that many riders I know have been. Shortly after, I arrived at Sugar Creek Road, and went north until I arrived at SR-52, which took me north and west to Shadeland Avenue. My only stop before making home was to get fueled up for parking the bike for a while, as frigid tempetures were just around the corner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans