Yeah I Know It's Dinner Time, Let's Ride!!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Here it is Friday Evening, the bike is packed, Nina is doing some gardening. I was hoping he might be early, but coming down from Lafayette, and taking a couple of the busiest highways in Central Indiana would not allow that to happen. He finally arrived after 6pm. After letting him have a little break out of the saddle, and petting Murphy, our Basset Hound, I was ready to get on the road. He had taken 465, the loop around town, as the direct route through town is under construction, with a reduced speed limit, and a reputation. Over 5000 tickets issued in the month!

He had said the traffic on I-70 was backed up, so we took surface streets out of town. A route I have taken a lot before. We headed north to Tenth Street, then went east to the edge of Cumberland, Indiana. North to 21st Street, and then East again to CR 600. This road has an entrance to I-70. Normally I wouldn't take the highway, but we have 300 miles to cover!!

It would be about 120 miles and a couple of hours and we would cross into Ohio, and be on the north side of Dayton. We exited on to I-75, and headed south through town.

Left after 6:30pm, Kevin stuck in traffic. Tenth to Muessing, to 21st to 600 west to I 70.
I -70 to I-75, and through Dayton. Our next road would be State Highway 35. After riding a little longer, we stopped for gas, and for a bite to eat.

At Chillicothe, Ohio, we joined SR 50. By this time, darkness had settled in, and we would hit pockets of cold air. SR 50 was a great road with a lot of turns. It doesn't seem to bother my brother riding on roads like this in the dark, but I like them better with daylight. Of course he has me out in front of him guiding him along the way!!

Pretty much, the trip was uneventful, and we made more gas stop about 40 miles out, then headed to the hotel. The Red Roof Inn was down in a valley, and hard to see, thankfully, there is nice sign to point you in the right direction!! It was between 11:30 and Midnight, and after some quick unpacking, we got hit the rack for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans