Warming Up to Another Season

Friday, March 6, 2009




So for the first time of 2009, The Black Pearl spent a night in Kasey's Garage. It would be ready and waiting for us to take our first day trip of the year. I have written about the beginning of the season. It is an odd time, with everything still looking dead as they doing the winter, but my mind reminds me that life will soon come.

We started on a familiar route, out of Danville on Cartersburg Road. I was still getting my riding skills back, as this would be the longest that I would ride in a stretch this year. Finding the sweet spot in throttle, clutch and brakes was like learning to ride all over again. I eased into and out of every curve on Cartersburg Road.

When Cartersburg Road ended, we heaed west on US 40. It would only be a few miles, and we would make our way south again on SR 39. North of here, the road is much better, and after crossing over I-70 the road pulls through Monrovia. This time though, we veered off on SR 42, and made our way to Mooresville, and SR 144. This would take us into Franklin, Indiana.

We meandered our way through Franklin, and headed out of town going east on SR 44. We would not take it to far past I-65 to Sand Creek Road. This round curves and winds it way into Boggstown, becomes London Road, and makes it way north across I-74, and after a few turns on County Roads, arrives at US 52.


We headed east and south on US 52 into New Palestine, Indiana. Our destination and location for lunch would be Cafe 52. It is a diner kind of place, and has good food, and great service. After the meal, we braved back into the cool air, and hit the road once again. We headed north and west on US 52 heading back to Indianapolis.

We arrived back at my home, and because of the weather it would mean we would exchange The Black Pearl for the old Ford Ranger for the rest of the weekend, and the next time Mother Nature would grace us with a chance to ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding