The Worst Conditions to Practice Slow Riding

Thursday, March 5, 2009




I returned home after dropping Kasey off at the Veteran's Hospital. I got home and exchanged my 1998 Ford Ranger for The Black Pearl. She was waiting, so I high tailed it on I-70 into downtown. I exited at MLK Avenue, and meandered my way over to the IUPUI Campus and the Hospital. Kasey came out of the hospital, we got suited up and hopped back aboard the bike.

I pulled out on Tenth Street and headed west. Indianapolis is as well known for its amount of construction as it for its notorious planning. Not only was Tenth Street plagued with road work, so is US 36, and US 40, virtually every corridor to the west side of town!

As we crippled our way through, we arrived on the bridge that goes over 465. Exposed to the elements, I could feel the wind. Kasey mentioned on the intercom that we could be practicing for the Slow Rides at the National Cruiser Cub Rally. With the blustering wind and the pot holed road, it made practicing difficult.

We continued on Tenth Street out of Marion County and into the northside of Danville, Indiana. We pulled into her house and parked the bike in the garage where it would sit in her garage for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans