Ho-Hum, Two Trips to Work

March 29 & 30, 2006

Okay, so I have two dates above. No, I didn't shuck work, and take off on a mini trip. Rather, I was riding to work. These are two rather eventless, mundane trips, so I thought I would combine them to save space.

Wednesday was finally day in the spring of 2006 for Indianapolis that actually got to the average temperatures. It had reached those norms on some weekend days, but not yet on a weekday. The ride in was chili, but certainly tolerable. The ride home, as usual this time of year, was the reward for braving the morning the cold. Indianapolis will be on Daylight Saving Time for the first time since I was born, however, they were put on Eastern Daylight Time. You know, because we are an East Coast City. I can't tell you how many times I am asked directions to the beach while cruising the circle city streets in a landlocked state. Since we are not in the correct time zone, actually several hundred miles west of the geographical western edge of EST, I fear the "earlier" morning will crimp my motorcycle riding to work in the spring. DST starts Saturday, April 1st, so lets hope it is unseasonably warm next week, and the rest of the season.

Thursday I was thinking that I would be driving my truck, but as it turns out, I was able to ride once again. It was foggy, as we had a small overnight rain. This morning, the temps were a bit warmer, so it was more enjoyable to ride to work. With the moisture, and the cool temps, I threw on the Frogg Toggs rain pants to ride to work.

Thursday Evening I headed up north to near Carmel, Indiana, to have dinner with my parents. I stopped in Nora at Wild Oats to pick up a supply of cashews to mix with almonds as a snack for the long Texas ride coming up next week. My mother made taco salads, and we chatted after dinner for a short time. I still had packing to complete, and headed back home around 7:30. The ride home on 465 was nice dusk ride. It was as enjoyable as it can get riding on the interstate at night.

So as you can see, pretty boring, but hey, I didn't promise too much. The next entry should be more exciting, as I will be on my way to Big Bend, Texas. First Stop - Branson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans