Getting Lost with a GPS

Monday, October 2, 2006

I woke up after yesterday's long ride, ready to hit the road once again. Today, I was headed down to Columbus to work at Cummins, Incorporated. I like to get down there as soon as I can, so I took Shadeland Avenue south to I-465. I take the loop south and little west to the southeast side of town, and hit I-65. It would be 40 miles on the super slab, churning out the miles at about 65 miles per hour.

US 31 south is where I take the ramp into the northside of Columbus. The Cummins Television Network Studios are on the north side of town.

We had a busy show, lots of presenters, and not much on tape.

I left the studios on a road called Indianapolis Road. I veered off at CR 550, and made way until I passed Simmon's Winery. After that, I decided to ignore, even defy the GPS for a while. I hit lot of roads I have never been on, some good some bad. When the trip odometer moved closed to 150 miles,I decided to plug in a town, New Palestine, and follow the GPS. After two stalls at stop signs, I was able to make it to a gas station. The trip odometer was now into the 160's. 4.2 Gallons went into the 4.5 gallon tank.

I was on US 52, so I took it north west to Indianapolis, and Franklin Road. Franklin Road would take me north to Washington Street. It would be a block or two west, under the 465 overpass, and I would be back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans