Can It Really be Spring?

Friday, March 9, 2007

Okay, when I woke up on this Friday Morning, it did not feel anything like spring. The temperature was hanging around freezing. I was on the border of to ride or not to ride, but knowing that some of those big road side piles of snow had melted a little yesterday, and would be black ice this morning had me a bit worried. So I hopped in the truck, and went off to work.

I thought I was a abandoned for lunch, sorry Clem, I headed home for a cheap lunch. Of course my real intention was to go home to get the bike, and ride back to work. It was now in the 50's, and the sun was shinning strong! I took the truck on I-70, which is usually a quick way home, but Super 70, a construction project had just started, and traffic lanes, as well as the speed limit has been reduced.

After a quick and cheap lunch, I rolled the beast, from now on known as The Black Pearl, out of the garage. I pulled the GPS out of the truck, and hooked up and attached the MP3 Player. The bike set and idled as I hooked these items up.

After the bike and I wear geared up, I took off down the driveway, and south on my street to Washington Street. I headed west from there, and into Downtown Indianapolis. I was reminded that just a few hours earlier, as I drove into town, the red sunrise was reflecting on the building of downtown. It was quite a beautiful site, and I would have snapped a picture if I had the time and a camera. Oh, and an unobstructed view, as the road signs block a good view.

Washington Street takes me into town, and to Delaware Street. Heading north, I would eventually reach 10th Street, where I would head west for two blocks to get to Meridian Street. Heading north once again, I ran up to 14th, and the TV Station. Back to work for a few hours.

After another session of work, and another 30 minutes of political talk on tape and ready for air, I had some time to ride!! I started out with my normal route home. South on Pennsylvania, east on New York until it turns into Pleasant Run Parkway. I jogged south on Arlington, surprised to see snow, and duffers on the fairways of the golf course. A short shot north on Kitley Avenue would put me back on 10th Street.

I headed further east on 10th, past Washington Square Mall, and out to the edge of Cumberland. I turned south, and arrived back at Washington Street, jogged west, for a short time, and then south on Muesing Street. One of my favorite little roads close to home. It doesn't have a lot a good curves, but some very scenic, and heavily wooded areas. I always study an area where I might plant house, after I win the lottery, of course!!

I have to make a jog at Prospect, but not until I would wave to a biker up in his driveway, looking as though he is about to enjoy the weather on two wheels, and tailing a car with plates that designate the owner as a State Senator. Couldn't get a look at them, but I have probably met them at some point.

The second leg of Muesing has some good turns, but over all is pretty wide open. There were probably tress her at some point, but they have been washed away for a farm, or the these new houses.

My winding journey south ends at US 52, or Brookville Road. I turn right, heading west and north, and take the state highway to Franklin Road. I turn right again, heading straight north. After a few miles, and some stop signs, I arrive back to what can be called the backbone of this trip, Washington Avenue.

I turn left, and head west to home. A metro bus was at my corner, so I took the street east, and jogged back to the driveway. As I stopped in front of the garage door, I was greeted by the howling bark my Basset Hound, left in the backyard.

This weekend, rain may be the bummer. I hop e to do some work to the bike, now that it has been shaken down for the season. Hopefully, I can get it back together for Monday, as the weather man is calling for 60's before winter snaps back later in the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans