The Big Introduction

Sunday, September 21st, 2008




Well, it is the third Sunday of the month, and normally, I would be going on a Cruiser Club Ride, but, family matters called. My Sister-in-law, Virginia, was having a party to celebrate her birthday. But bigger for me, was the fact that Kasey was coming along to a family event, and meeting some of the relatives she had yet to meet. The major ones being my mother and father. Okay, so the major one was my mother.

We headed out into the mid Sunday Morning air along US 36 to street that took us north, and back way out of town. It winds it way around the northern Danville, and eventually turns into Tenth Street when it nears Marion County and Indianapolis.

We went this way east until SR 267. We took that north, which takes us through the town of Brownsburg, which for some reason favors the color purple? All the street signs backgrounds are purple anyway. At the north end of Brownsburg, we turned right, heading east once more, this time on 56th Street.

I picked this street because I knew it was the southern boarder of Eagle Creek State Park, and it crosses Eagle Creek Reservoir. I was hoping the tranquility of riding along park, and taking a bridge over water would help calm her nerves.

56th Street becomes Kessler Boulevard , which unlike 56th Street doesn't keep a straight line. It winds around and eventually pulls into Broad Ripple. Broad Ripple is a village area part of Indianapolis and is full of bars and little cafes that are ripe with 20-some things most nights.

Broad Ripple also signaled Kasey that we were getting close. I feared to come to a complete stop as I thought she might bail off the bike and head back home. Anytime that I thought I might have to come to a stop, I slowed so I wouldn't have to come to complete stop.

At Winthrop, we turned north. After a block, Winthrop turns into Westfield Boulevard. My parent's neighborhood is just off this street. This is the house I grew up in, as well. But, before we get there, we would make our way along White River, and the road would make a few curves to follow the stream.

We made it to my parents house, and the big meeting, the birthday party, everything went off without a hitch.

It was late by the time we got back to my parent's house, and we need to get to my house quick. I took the normal way that I do when I go home from Thursdays. We headed back south on Westfield Boulevard, then east on 96th Street. Then we would head south on Keystone Avenue, then on to 465. Shortly after hitting the super slab, Kasey made her feelings about riding on the highway. She didn't like it.

After rounding Indianapolis, we exited off of Washington Street, and arrived at my house. I needed to get a few things, then we headed off through town to get back to Kasey's. We took Washington Street west to Rockville Road. After passing under 465 on the west side, the road changed names to US 36. We rode all the way into Danville, and made our way to Kasey's House.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans