Heading Back Home, Alone

Sunday, August 31st, 2008




From time to time, I have reflected on riding styles. For most of my riding career, I have done two kinds of styles, Alone or In A Group. Now, I know there are lot more ways to ride a motorcycle, you could call Highway Touring a style, The Back Roads a style, and even a Racing Style. But you can do all those Alone or In A Group. The last two days I have been full time on a new style to me, riding with a partner on the back-seat. Sure, I have had others filling the back seat of the bike, but it wasn't like this. It was more than just having a second person along. I felt like I had a partner behind me.

So that all precedes this lonely ride back home. I was full of the happiness that this weekend had provided. Friday Morning everything started as just another date. Now, it is Sunday Afternoon, and the date is over as I head home. As the memories of this weekend are reviewed, they are replaced by the vision of looking forward to the next ride with Kasey.

I meandered through the streets of Danville, Indiana until arriving on US-36. I passed along the two lane road through the town, and arrived at the portion of Rockville Road where it is a four lane divided highway. This ends as it pulls into Avon, Indiana. With urban sprawl, it is hard to tell when Avon ends, and Indianapolis begins.

I arrived near 465, where the construction starts, and turned south on High School Road. I continued this way until US-40. A left turn to head east, and I was on Washington Street. I made way through the city, for the first time in a couple days with the music going. Wouldn't you know it? The battery went dead about half through town. Well, I had a lot to reflect on, and think about, so the music was just another distraction.

On the eastern edge on Indy, I was at my street, and I returned home. I remember arriving about a week ago, thinking I had been on the best date ever! And for me, it was the best date I had ever had, until this one. I was looking forward to it getting even better again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Riding with Veterans