Another Work Week, Only One Day to Ride

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Man, September has been a rough month. It started out so promising, a beautiful day of riding around and through covered bridges, to an amusement park, and a great new charity event. Rain was really killing the month, and I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't a second coming of spring!

Anyway, I started off with a chilly trip to work. I believe the weatherman said 55, but my gauge said 49 when I left the east side for my usual route. The bike was parked for lunch, as I had brown bagged it today.

After work, it was time to ride up to my parents for my weekly free meal. Construction forced me east to College Avenue, which I took north. 38th street, main way through town, has been tore up for quite some time now. With the big craters I saw, I didn't see any end in sight.

Along the way up to Broad Ripple, I took a slight detour to go past a co-workers new place that she was renting. She say that she, her sister, her friend, and her sister, all the roommates of this home, would often sit on the front porch in the afternoon. No one there this time, but still a pleasant diversion from the hustling traffic of College Avenue.

Eventually, I would have to return to that street, taking it north to 106th Street. I would then head east to Orchard Park School Parkway, an entrance to my parent's neighborhood. I was taking the long way around so that I could pass by a old friend's, Jeff, house. A house I actually lived in for time as renter. Then it was passed the elementary school I graduated from, and to my parent's driveway. By the way, the school has changed lot! But then again, a lot of time has gone by, also.

After dinner, it was time to back the beast out of the garage, fire it up, and head for Wild Oats to restock our frozen waffle supply. I started shopping there, and buying these waffles, as they are high in protein and Omega 3's, which helps my health. Nina has enjoyed them as much as I have, and so I always can buy more, as they will get downed fast.

From the shop in Nora Plaza, I head east on 86th Street to Keystone Avenue, and north to 465. Not wanting to take any more time then I needed to get home. 465 led me to Washington Street, and then to home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans