Life on the Backroads

Saturday, May 12, 2007

I have been kicking around a motto in my mind for about a year now, just couldn't get the words right. Finally with the words rattling around in my head, and pavement moving underneath my two wheels as it twisted and turned through Indiana, it came to me. I like the back roads not just for scenery or that it is a path that not a lot of people are on, but because it takes longer! People wonder why I hat the Interstate and other highways, because you get to where you are going faster!!

"Life is a journey, Taking the highway only gets you to the end sooner."

This was the trip to put these words together. Wade lead Carl and I on trip that was just about all back roads through Martinsville and down to Nashville, Indiana. Too many windy roads to mention, and i don't remember a lot of them!! I have been on several the roads, some I have not.

The first road I remember was Mann Road, where there was an accident at the turn, two cars. We crossed 44, and Mann Road becomes Centennary Road. From there we peeled off onto back roads, some had there names posted, but I have it all tracked with the GPS.

We made a stop in Martinsville, resting in the summer heat. We took off, and took many more back roads, eventually riding on Mahalsville Road for short time, then arriving at Nashville.

Another stop for some water, and we headed out on SR 46 to grab some lunch at a place that Wade liked. When we stepped in, I saw someone I had worked with at Cummins, and said hi.

We decided to drop by Dreyer Honda on the trip back, heading up US 31. Wade almost missed the turn to Dreyer, but we made it. They were having Demo Days, and they were very busy. We hung out for bit, and then I plotted my way to Cycle Outfitters to get some Oil Filters. Wade and Carl took off for home.

After a little time spent in the store, I headed out for home. I took Madison up to Shelby Street, and then jogged over to Sherman to get on Pleasant Run Parkway. I meandered my way home.

Today was a journey, like everyday, and I took the long, slower way. No reason to get home an earlier than I did!! No reason to get to the end of life until you take the time to live!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the motto. I have two I like. One is for riding -- "It's the journey, not the disination" and for life in general --"Everything you want or hope to be is on the other side of fear".

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans