Winter to Summer, No Spring!

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I was excited today because I think it is the first time this that I will be able to ride to Columbus, Indiana to work for Cummins Engine Company. I had hopes for previous days, but the weatherman done me wrong at the last minute!

I rolled out of the driveway and down to Washington Street in the 65 Degree air. Nearly perfect riding weather. If it were a little warmer, I could keep the leather on all day and be nice and comfy.

I went West on Washington Street until the Shadeland Avenue exit. I take this south, and merge on to 465. The trucks seemed heavier this morning. The battery on the MP3 Player was dead, so I thought I was use the CB, on channel 19, for entertainment. There was more traffic on the radio, the closer I got to I-65.

I would be on I-65 for most of this trip, heading south for about 30 miles. Pretty uneventful trip, although I did see another rider on a Red Retro VTX.

I arrived at the CTN Studios, but no one seemed to be answering the bell at the door. Eventually, one of the full time employees showed up, and let me in.

It was a light day, and the presenters were great! After waiting for lunch to be served, I hoped back on the bike, headed home. Not the most direct route, though!

I took SR 11 north until CR 550. I decided to not follow the GPS, and try out a few of the back county roads. After zig zigging back and fourth, I eventually spilled out on SR 252. I recognized where I emerged, and headed east to pick up Flat Rock River Road.

I rode along the Flat Rock Rive, which lead to Sand Creek Road, and eventually to Sugar Creek Road, a favorite of mine, and one I have written about before. I meandered along that road through London, Indiana.

After a few more county roads, I come to SR 52, which I take north and west back to Shadeland Avenue. Fueled up near home, and finished the trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans