Thank Goodness for the Salmon Cobb!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Only a short ride today, as I am heading downtown to met a former co-worker for lunch, and discuss a project with him. Shelbi Street Cafe, located in the historic Fountain Square Building is one of my favorite places. More on that later.

I headed west on Washington Street until just passed Emerson, were I veered left, to head south on Pleasant Run Parkway. I weaved my way south and west on it until I got to English Avenue, where I headed west for bit, and rejoined the parkway. This leads me past the natural gas hold, a flexible storage tank that the top raise and lowers based on how full it is. The past the Coke Plant, not the drink, the element used in steel. It is a very industrial looking site. It must be what it is like to be in Pittsburgh!

Eventually, I arrive at Prospect Street, which I take west into the Fountain Square District. I park the bike, and see Aric get out of his car, as I dismount. We walk across Shelby Street, and step inside the restaurant.

I have been here a number of times, and my favorite dish is their Salmon Cobb. I also know the many of the wait staff, but there were a couple of new gals being broken in. Angie, Julie and Brook were still there, and they know me by name.

Aric and I discussed our project, ate another wonderful meal, and wrapped things up. I have a frequent dinner card, but i never have to show it to Julie, she punches me in, just using my name. Today, I would get s surprise, as I had spent enough money to get a 15 Dollar gift card. I guess my next Salmon Cobb is free!

When I arrived back at the bike, the back tire looked low. I had this problem before, but not this bad, and it was a couple of weeks ago. It hadn't gone down since? I gingerly road the bike home, and re-inflated the tire. Something I will need to keep an eye on.

I took Prospect most of the way home, as it is a straight shot. It ends at Arlington, so I go north to Washington Street. Of course Washington Street leads my east, and back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans