A New Do, and Dinner Too!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Earlier in the week the weatherman was calling for Wednesday and Thursday to be a washout. It did rain on Wednesday, we needed it, so it was okay. By the time today rolled around, the chance of rain was gone.

My first trip was to a new place to get a haircut. It is a place that Nina has been going to for the last few times, and she made the appointment. After lunch and shower, I mounted my VTX 1800, and headed for Washington Street. Surprisingly, the light changed in short time, and off to the east was where I headed. After passing under 465, I turned south on Franklin Road.

It was a warm day, and the sun was beating. First time this year I wore my half helmet, felt good to have more wind in my face. I beared to the left at SR 52, Brookville Road, and headed southeast. First trip was a construction site that had the road down to one lane. After passing that hurdle, I was off and back to speed.

While stopped at a red light, a guy on a blue Harley pulled up next to me. After telling me it was a great day for a ride, he asked if my bike was fast. Fast enough, I answered.

He rode in stagger formation with me until I turned off at the Hair Place.

After the trim, okay it was full cut! I headed back on SR 52, heading northwest. The trip back was just in reverse, and the only thing that happened was that I noticed I was in pursuit of Mr. Reed in his Dodge Pick Up. I pulled up next to him at Post Road, and looked into the cab. He just rolled his head back and laughed.

So I filled the afternoon working around the house, and then mounted up again and headed for the PUD, Parental Unit Dwelling. Was looking for another free dinner from mom and dad. I started out west on Washington Street, and took it to Emerson Avenue. That would take me north, and across I-70, which was slow going and crowded going into to town? At 4:30pm?

Emerson would take me all the way to Kessler Avenue. It winds through town, mostly going east-west. I took it to College Avenue, which leads me north to 106th Street. 106th was backed up to College, and as I sat in traffic, I could feel my cell phone vibrating. I knew it was mom wondering why I was 3 minutes late!

Eventually I could pull into Orchard Park School Drive, and roam the neighborhood to my parent's house. Dinner was Ham and Beans!

After dinner, a crossword puzzle, and some conversation, I headed back out. From their street, I headed south on Westfield Boulevard. Around the round about, and over 465 to 99th Street, taking the back way into Nora Plaza, as I had to make a stop at Wild Oats.

After my brief shopping, I headed back out on 86th Street to Keystone and north to 465. I took 465 around town to 56th Street, as I need to make a stop at Star Financial Bank to make a deposit.

Out of the bank, and south on Post Road to Pendelton Pike. It runs southwest, and to 465. Back on the highway to Washington Street, and back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans