Planning Things Just Make me More Excited!!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lot of times I go on rides, the destination is secondary to the route to get anywhere. Today's ride is about the destination, so the roads were not the most interesting.

I hopped on board the bike around 15 minute till eleven in the morning. I started out on 465. Had to make a brief stop at the close I-70 exit to close down the saddle bag I had left open. That didn't take long, and I was back on my way.

From 465, the loop around Indianapolis, I bears off on the exit for Fort Wayne, I-69. I could take this super slab all the way to the meeting spot, but I had the time now to spend taking a less direct route.

I was on I-69 for about 3 miles and exited off to SR 37. I would take this until it crosses SR 26. I was to meet my brother, and we would continue to the Uno's Chicago Grill in Fort Wayne. When I arrived at the intersection, I noticed a problem. It wasn't that my brother wasn't there, it was that there was no place to stop and meet? I pulled through the intersection, spying a building that might have a good sized parking lot. It was an elementary school. I was a good distance away from the intersection, but I could see the crossover.

After about 5 or 10 minutes, I saw Kevin pulling up to the four way stop. I tried the CB, but nothing. When he turned north, I flashed my headlight. Confident that he saw me waiting, I slide off my helmet.

We chatted for while, and then took off, many more miles to burn. We continued north on SR 37 until it ended in Marion, Indiana. It becomes SR 9, which leads around Huntington, Indiana. We stopped for gas, and an ink pen!

When we left Huntington, we were on SR 24. It wasn't long before we saw a sign that announced we were in Fort Wayne, but we still had aways to go. The meeting spot was on the northeast corner of the city.

SR 24 lead us to I-69 again, and we took it north, and the loop for Fort Wayne, 469 across the top edge of town. The exit we need to use was for SR 37, which starts back up here. A lot miles for being on the same roads all the time!!

We pulled up to the only motorcycle in the parking lot, and parked the bikes. We were soon greeted by Brent, Ed, and Ken. We had our meeting, discussing Gathering of Eagles, Cruiser Club, USA's national rally.

It was nearly four, and I needed to motor my way home by 6. I was about 120 miles away, you do the math! I needed to haul booty!

Kevin rode with until the SR 24 exit, where he veered off. I continued on I-69, a rarity for me to be on the highway, and motored to Anderson. I filled the belly of the beast with some more 87 Octane, and continued on. Made it back home with five minutes to spare!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans