GOE XVI Day Two: Feelin' Hot, Hot, Hot

Tuesday, June 19th, 2012

It had already been a hot summer, and just because we had moved to the state to the east didn't mean that was going to let up anytime soon. However, this is a gathering for motorcyclists, and we all want to ride, heat or not!

I am not sure which route we actually took, but I will try to summarize it the best that I can. Here is Rose with Shawn, her riding partner for the day. Did I fail to mention that ever since the Indianapolis Rally, it is Tye Dye Tuesday. Shawn wasn't in the group then, but he still found a great shirt to wear.

Will had a riding partner as well, from the Philly Chapter named Roland. He spent most of his life in Hawaii, but when he retired, he wanted to live somewhere with seasons.

The first part of the trip was on the loop, 475, to get us around Toledo, and into yet another of the United States, Michigan. I am thinking we went on US 223, through Blissfield to State Road 52. There we went north into Tecumseh, Michigan. We made a stop there at a motorcycle dealership. It also had a restaurant. While I will say that stopping a dealership sounds like a great idea for a rally ride, it can be a double edged sword. First off, this one was supposed to be a multi-marque store. I was looking forward to it because it was supposed to have Kawasaki's, I was looking to mount up on a Voyager again, and Can Am, just wanted to see how the Spyder sat. Well, after meandering around what is basically a store for a brand that makes more money off of clothing not motorcycles now, I was very disappointed. They had Can Am Spyders, and they sat like I thought they would, not for me. The had Hondas, four Goldwings, been there done that, no need to ever get one. There were no Suzikis, and no Kawasakis? If I were one of the other reps in this store, I would pull their dealership! We spent most of time looking at the used bikes, a good mix of Yahamas, Hondas, and others. I guess we should have had lunch instead?

So we got packed back up in a group, and headed out again. Another short leg to the east, and we would up at yet another dealership. Now, this one didn't pretend, it was all orange and black. The did have a nice leather sofa to relax in, and that is where I planted myself.

From there, we made our way to Dundee, Michigan, and a Cabella's Store. One of the reasons I say we should have eaten before was because we saw so much here we wanted to look at. These stores are part retail, part museum! Take a look!



So after the trip around Cabella's, we made our way back to the hotel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans