Another Sunday to Shapiro's

Sunday, August 27th, 2006

Here it is Sunday once again, and Shapiro's Deli calls with a Veggie Omelet, and some kindred spirits of the two wheel kind.

I started off heading west on Washington Street. I went south on Arlington. The GPS re-routed me on Brookville Road, but I didn't take that either. After passing another street, I decided to take the road the GPS recommended. I believe it was Minnesota, and it started out nicely tree lined with some sweeping corners. It soon gave way to a unique neighborhood, and homes lining the streets. Minnesota would run into Southeastern, which I would take for about a mile, until I veered left onto Prospect.

I didn't see the older black gentleman that I have seen a couple of times along this Sunday Morning Sojourn. I hope that I was either too early, or too late. It would ease me if I did see him, though. I rolled by the Fountain Square Area, and on into downtown.

At Meridian Street, I turned north, and it would be only a few blocks, and the interstate overpass, and I would be at the parking lot.

We had a large group this morning. Wager was there with a banged up body and face from last week's accident. We were supposed to ride to Newton's for a BBQ Lunch, but his health lead to a cancellation. Duncan was one of the group, snapping several pictures, for no reason?

The group broke up at about 10 minutes after 10. After a long moment of awe by the group, while studying the big new pipe, I fired up the beast. I took the interstate route home, starting on I-65 North to I 70 East. There was a biker parked under the over pass for Emerson Avenue, but I saw him too late to stop. I figured by the time I got back around to him, probably a 10 to 15 minute drive, he would be gone, or otherwise assisted.

The skies were dark grey, and the weatherman, and the air, were threatening rain all day. I decided to park the bike for the day. I would take my truck to the YMCA today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding