And The Heat Goes On!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

With the overnight "lows" only dipping to the mid 70's, it is hard to get much relief right now. We have a room Air Conditioner in our bedroom, but the house central system bought the big one shortly after we moved in.

Sunday Morning rolled around, and I was probably still drained from running in the heat yesterday, but I knew breakfast awaited me. Because of vacation, I will not be meeting at Shapiro's for the next two Sunday's.

I rolled the bike out of the garage, and headed out. Looking for a little different path, as I had plenty of time, today. When the turn arrow for Arlington flipped on as I approached that intersection, I decided, why not. I took Arlington South to English Avenue. I then went west on English, as it would eventually join with Southeastern. At State Street, I went south again, this time to Prospect. I passed Fountain Square, and on to Meridian Street. I approached the deli from the south.

It was a small group, as medical needs and heat seemed to be getting to some of the riders. I knew Wade was off getting breakfast in Nashville, Indiana. We had a surprise in that Shooter Jim arrived, for the first time this year, I think? Dave and Tom took off early to had out to Bridgeton, but I told them there was not much to see, so make sure you get some Sweet Potato Pie Ice Cream.

It was time to break up the group, and they crossed the street to the parking lot, and began to admire my new exhaust set up. Then they all wanted to change their routes so that they could follow along, to see what it sounded like on the highway. Below is a picture.















We took I -70 East, Wild Bill and I were the last two, and took 465 South to Washington Street. Bill traveled further south.

After arriving home, I changed into work out clothes, and then road to the YMCA, worked out, and rode back home. It was already getting hot, so hot, I didn't feel too cool when returning from the Y, covered in sweat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans