A Guilty PLeasure: Taking the Long Way Home

Monday, September 17, 2007

Got a all near 11am today from my friend John. He had mentioned when we worked together that he wanted to meet for lunch. I was on my back from returning some gear, and we made an appointment to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise on the southside.

I took the quick way to get there, using Shadeland to 465, to I-65 South. The restaurant is just south of Southport Road, a little winding drive through other eateries and hotels.

I got a phone call from John as I rode, and even though he didn't leave a message, I knew he was going to be late.

We talked more than we ate. In fact, it was probably the closest think I will ever get to a girl chat! lol We talked about all kinds of stuff, and hardly a solution for any of our problems came about, but it was good to talk about them.

We finished, and left the restaurant. I headed further south on I-65 until Main Street in Greenwood. I was taking the long, more winding way home. Yes, this is a guilty pleasure, having the time, and knowing a longer, better way to a destination.

I headed east on Main Street, and continued after it became Rockland Road. Eventually, the road T's. I went south, then east on a county road. All of this leads me to London Road. This is a nice curvy road, quite techincal, actually. You need your concentration to get through this road even at a moderate speed. There is very little margin for error, no shoulder, and very little run off!

I ran this route all the way through Sugar Creek, and over I-74. After a couple of jogs on county roads, I arrived at Pumpkin Vine Road. I would take that north to SR 52, Brookville Road.

I headed north and west until Muessing Street, taking it north over US 40, and to Tenth Street. I would take this all the way west to Kroger. I needed milk!

Sure,I could have made it to the grocery store, and home a lot sooner with a lot less miles, but this trip is one of those guilty pleasures you have to afford yourself. I have always been someone who could leave with guilt, and the guilt of this little trip will pass very soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans