Toy Run Day 2: At Least It Didn't Meet My Bad Expectations

Saturday, September 8th, 2007

Morning didn't come to early at all! It could have come a lot sooner, so it would have meant less revving engines, fireworks, and guys yelling!! I guess that is why I am here, though!

I was laying in my sleeping bag, wondering what time it was, and listening to the other two couples talking. Finally, the female part of the older couple yelled my name, and told me to get out get ready, they needed to register, and they were hungry for breakfast. I had met the older couple at the Covered Bridge Run, as they are with the Terre Haute Chapter of Cruiser Club, USA.

I was already getting changed out of my sleeping gear and into my clothes for the day, so they didn't have to wait long for me to make an appearance from my tent. I then needed to dress the bike! I told them to go ahead, I would meet them at the registration table.

They were done registering by the time I got up there, and we pulled out onto smooth pavement, and headed toward breakfast. The other couples were veterns of the event, so I just follwed along. Our first stop was a hotel in town, to pick up another couple, and to allow the women to shower and primp themselves. After the finished, we headed across the street to a place called The Savory.

Breakfast was good and hearty, a lot of food for the price. The other three couples headed for Walmart, while I went out on my own, exploring a bit in the town, before I headed back to Julie's.

Julie and I talked for a while, and I barrowed her computer to check e-mail. She yelled at me around one in the afternoon to get ready. The run goes right past her house, so we would join in when a break appeared.

We sat and watched the bikes go by, and I took a couple of photos, will have to add those later. We joined in at nearly the rear of the pack. We followed along the route. The first thing to dodge was a drive belt laying in the street, and sure enough, a few hundred feet down the raod, there was a bewildered Harley Rider wondering were is drive mechanicism had gone! There would be several bikes off to the side of the road before the day was done.

After waving and cruising through several town, we ended up behind a bunch of sportbikes. Sorry to those of you who own them, I am sure they are fast and handle great, but no matter what you do the exhaust, they sound terrible!! Just keep the quiet, and the riding world will be a better place! Another tip, when in a ride like this, keep it on two wheels. You are impressing no one!!

Julie and I pulled off at near the rides end to make it back to her house. I had an axe and chair to stap on my bike for the return trip. Julie was going to help with the biker games.

I parked the bike in front of the tent, stripped off the delicate gear, and settled in for another night of noise. After watching some games, eating some food, listening to a couple of the bands, and seeing a few bare female chests, not one really worth writing home about, we headed back up to the camp site and started eating again. The night was filled with a light mist, but that would only be the beginning.

Shortly after turning in, the rain began. It still took a while for the engines to quiet, but the rain hitting the tent put me right to sleep! It rained almost the entire night. Once again, four in the morning, BOOM!!

All in all, the rally did not meet my bad expectations. I guess naked cowboy boot guy didn't make it, there is something I didn't want to see!! I didn't have a bad time, but if I had it do over, I would stay at Julie's away from the noise, and in a more comfortable sleeping environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans