Short Trip to the PUD

Thursday, September 20th, 2007

Just a short post on this one. I ran up to the Parental Unit Dwelling (PUD) to mooch a free meal. If you read regularly, you know it is a weekly thing.

I started off from home heading west on East Washington Street to Arlington. Little did I know that it is closed just north of 21st Street where they are working on I-70. I took 21st Street west to Emerson, which goes over the construction, instead of how Arlington goes under, so it has remained open.

I was on Emerson Avenue for a while, and turned left onto Kessler Boulevard. This winds south of Glendale, and into Broad Ripple, Indy's village area. Lots of bars and little eateries dot the landscape of this area.

I went over to Broadway, then went north past a co-worker/friend's house, and then along the canal back to College Avenue, that I took north. I was on College until 116th Street through an area known as Homeplace. I went east on 116th, slowly, even though it is divided two lanes each way, the town of Carmel has a stockpile of 30 mph signs that they must need to use up! My mom get a speeding ticket there a couple of weeks ago when it opened after construction.

I went north on Rangeline, then east on Carmel Drive to Star Financial. I made my deposit, and then heading back on Carmel Drive, and then Rangeline, which changes to Westfield Boulevard south of 116th. I turned west on 106th Street, and then pulled into the neighborhood of Orchard Park. I cruiser the old hood, and arrived at my parent's house.

After dinner and conversation, I headed out. I went south on Westfield until the roundabout, then went east on 96th Street. I took a short run south on Keystone Avenue to take the ramp to 465. I highwayed around the north and east side of town, and arrived at Washington Street, where I headed west to home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding