Back to Breakfast

Sunday, June 11, 2006

One of the great things about taking a day off from something? You get to go back. And when it is something you like to do, then you can almost not wait to get back. I can't say that the Sunday Morning Breakfast Club is one of those things I yearn for all week long, but it is my Sunday ritual, and the closest thing I get to church.

I decided to brave the wet roads, and ride in. There were pockets of rain looming, but most of them were breaking up before they hit the Circle City. I would be the only one that rode. With the health of the rest the group, or from at least their discussions on their health, a little rain could do them in. It was a smaller crowd, as I a sure the weather put a damper on things. I ordered the Veggie Omelet, with Egg Beaters and Rye Toast. I have been staying away from the short stack for a while, but I will have to save up the calories to tackle that beast again, some day.

For those who were not at Thursday's Cruiser Club Meeting, I recanted the trip to get a bowl of soup. Reed added in his stories, and I showed off my pictures. Newton had also gone a trip, to a trike rally, and he had a large stack of prints.

The discussion stayed on bikes quite a bit, and someone that winters in Florida showed up for breakfast, Larry. He can't ride very often as he is caring for his mother. From his comments, she is not doing very well.

About halfway through breakfast we all looked outside at the heavy dose of liquid sunshine we were getting. I need to clean the bike anyway, so it may as well get an initial rinse. It looked like a rain that would only last, like most Indiana Weather, about five minutes. It did last about 20 minutes, but the tap was shut off before I was about to embark for home.

The conversations drew to a close, and we all stood up to exit Shapiros for another week. I pulled on my rain pants, fired up the 1800cc V-Twin, making the droplets dance across the painted and chromed parts. I decided to head through the city, with the wetness and all, so I headed east to Delaware, north to Washington, and then east to home. I am sure the bike still got plenty dirty, as the roads were still a wash with the rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans