Two Days - Back and Forth to Work

Wednesday and Thursday, June 14 & 15, 2006

Since the last two days all I did was ride back and forth to work, I figured I would just combine two days into one. Not a lot happened over the two days. June is still holding on to cooler mornings, 55 to 65 degrees, and warm afternoons, 75 to 85. Wednesday afternoon is was supposed to rain, but none fell. The weather man says it will be clear and hot through the weekend, but I am thinking about driving Nina's little Cabriolet to work on Friday. I have been able to drive it in only a couple of times, and both times it get cold during lunch time, which was no fun to drive. The crew and I often head out for lunch on Friday, we need to leave the building!

Saturday, it may reach 90 or above. I think we are supposed to have our family reunion, but I have not heard anything about it? Last summer, Indy hit 89 three times, but never 90. It would be over a year since we hit that mark. In Texas, it was 97, so I remember kind of what it was like, but Texas had about 20 percent humidity, when Indy hits 90, the humidity is often 90 to 100 percent! It can take your breath, and drench your clothes, in the shade, and in about half a minute.

I have been surprised that when I pass Pleasant Run Golf Course, that hardly anyone is out playing. Maybe they are taking the morning, when the weather is better, but I would think the course would be full. It is in pretty good shape, with hits rolling hills lush and green.

I guess since I am doing mostly utility riding, I should look forward to the pleasure riding coming up. Wednesday I will be leaving to hit the PUD, Parental Unit Dwelling, and pick up my dad, and we will continue, on back roads of course, to Fort Wayne for the National Cruiser Club Rally, Gathering of Eagles. There is not much chatter on the forum about this years rally. My brother and I have discussed concerns about how it may wind up a bust. Each year, GOE had been elevated to a better rally. Each local club has raised the bar when they hosted. We will see what happens this year.

Comments on Thursday's Ride to the PUD and Wild Oats will be coming soon!

Comments

Cowtown Pattie said…
Hope you post some pics, too!

Have a good time. If you miss the Texas heat, I can try sealing some up in a mason jar and shipping to ya'll!
Unknown said…
I don't miss the Texas heat anymore!! It is 89 Degrees in Indy, but the humidity is staying low, for now. I have feeling tomorrow is will hot and sticky. The heat here in Indy, you can bottle that up!

What do you want to see pics of? I have some from my Soup Run Trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans