Hot! Hot! Hot!

Monday, July 17, 2006

I really to be, and I hate the people who always complain about the weather. When it is winter it is too cold, when it is summer, it is too hot. Those of you who live in areas without season are asking what hell is he talking about? I didn't label this entry because I am complaining, just making the observation. Last summer, Indianapolis pushed the mercury to 89 three time, but never to 90. Today, we are in the midst of a string of 90 degree days.

This morning it was time for another trip to Columbus. I started out heading west on Washington Street, then veered off on the exit to the South Shadeland Avenue. The air was still crisp and cool, a little cooler then perfect riding weather, but it still felt good. Shadeland blends into 465 south, and I could feel the warmth from the traffic, and more heavily traveled road surface. This would lead me around the east and south part of town to I-65 South. There are a lot of "I's" in this trip, as I am wanting to get there in good time.

Another clover leafed exit would take my to I-65, and south to Columbus. The MP3 was rocking me away. As a I drifted further from the Capital City, the cooler, stiller, air hovering over the farm land created fog. None was across the road way, but it would shimmer nicely with the sun. The same sun that would burn it away before my trip was over.

About half the way on my 40 mile journey on the Interstate, a song game one by one of my favorite groups, a progressive rock band named Dream Theater. The song is 27 minutes, so the tune would carry me to my destination.

I exited, another clover leaf, to US 31 South at Edinburgh, a shopping center more than it is a town. They have been repaving US 31, and I needed to ramp up to the new pavement. I was staying slow, so I could cut a more perpendicular angle to the change in elevation, but the traffic behind, cagers, apparently didn't realize, or care about what I was trying to do safely. Eventually, someone caught on, and allowed me to enter the roadway.

I don't actually enter Columbus, but stop on the northern edge of town.

After good clean broadcast, with the new video switcher, it was time to embark on my route back home. I decided to take a little more relaxing route up US 31 North to Greenwood. I would take Smith Valley Road to Emerson. Emerson would lead all the way to Washington Street. I would need fuel, so I stopped at the Kroger, and fed the beast.

The trip back was a mix of hot sun beating down, and then clouds providing a brief cool with the aid of a breeze. I was moist with sweat by the time I reached home, but not drenched.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding