Gearing up for the Rally

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today is it less than a month until Gathering of Eagles (GOE) XII hits town! The count is up to 82 fellow Cruiser Clubers coming to town.

Today the ride was to Nashville, Indiana, a tourist trap, shopping area, and small town outside of one of the most beautiful state parks in the midwest, Brown County State Park. "Easyrider" Jim and Carl were the two that would be joining me.

We met at the Clarian Waterfront Inn, the host hotel. We took a right out off of Waterfront Drive, and headed a block west to SR 134, or Girls School Road. Just need to keep the like of Sunshine Bob from Virginia from picking up a new honey while we pass. This led us to US 40, which we took further west to SR 267.

SR 267 took us south to Moorseville, and then to SR 144. This would take us east, over SR 67 and SR 37. In Bargersville, we would turn south on SR 135. This would lead us into Nashville. We stopped at a Gas Station that I often stop at.

There was an eatery right next door, but it was closed know, and the Subway next to it had a line almost out the door. We traveled down SR 135/SR 46 to find the other Subway, which was closed, and ended up eating at McDonald's.

After a quick lunch, we hopped back on the bikes, and did the loop that some riders will enjoy while others are shopping.

We started out heading east on SR 135/SR 46. We went until Salt Creek Road, and headed up north. At Gainsville, where you enter and leave the town at the same time, we joked over to Sweetwater Trail. Then a run on Beech Tree, and Nenivah Roads, rounding back to the west to head back south.

Spearsville Road led us to Green Road, the journey south. We hooked up to Upper Salt Creek, winding through the woods, and occasional gravel patches. Then to North Clay Lick Road which spilled up out back to SR 135. Jim and Carl headed east to I-65, I rode west back to Nashville, then north on SR 135.

In Morgantown, I veered west on SR 252. At SR 67, I headed north back toward the Capital City. Since I am familiar with SR 67 and I 465, I decided I could through in the end of the Poker Run that was missed by the pre-ride because of the accident.

Starting at 600 North, I headed east to Henderson Ford Road. Jogging on and off of some roads, I made it to Centenary Road which turns into Mann Road. This weaved back up into the city, and eventually to Kentucky Avenue. From there I had taken the rout back to the hotel, so I took Raymond Street East to Kitley, then north to Washington Street, and back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans

Riding for the Fallen