Sometimes you just need the Miles

Saturday, May 24th, 2008

I don't know if it is spring, the Memorial Day Weekend, or just the way life works, but there times when you just need to get some miles in. When the sun is shining, and you have to go out to the garage, and see the chrome sparkling, it doesn't help. I have too much time the bike has to be parked, to leave it parked when I don't have too!

So come this Saturday Afternoon, I need to make a run to the bank, and I saw no problem with taking the scenic route home.

I started out heading east on Tenth Street until Post Road, going north until a back road into the shopping center that plays host to the bank. After the bank, I decide to head out for Fortville. I would take SR 67/SR 36/ Pendleton Pike, north and east all the way to Fortville, Indiana. There I would head south on Fortville Pike, a favorite road, but I usually head north, not south.

After winding through the country side, I arrived in Greenfield. I took US 40 East to SR 9 in the middle of town. This took me south, and eventually to SR 52. I headed south and east into Morristown. Usually I come here for food at Kopper Kettle. No food this time around, just a shot of the post office.




On the way out of town, I turned south on Blue River Road. After slowly passing the Radio Controlled Airport, I wound my way south and passed a cemetery. An appropriate place to be on Memorial Day Weekend.




After winding further south, I arrived in Shelbyville, Indiana. I connected with SR 9, and headed back north until SR 52. I turned left heading north and west, back to Indianapolis. One more stop to make, nope not another Post Office, but this time for Ice Cream at the Frosty Boy. While dinning, and older car pulled up, parking across the seating area from a shiny new Mustang. I had to snap a shot.




Form there is what short direct route home, continuing on SR 52 until Shadeland Avenue, then north back to Washington Street and home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans