Soup Run 2008, Day Two: Soup's On!

Saturday, May 31st, 2008

When I wake up on this Saturday Morning, I can almost smell the soup. But before I would be going anywhere, it was time to take part of the continental breakfast, and then give the bike a cleaning, rain makes it look nasty! While polishing, two men approached me. I found out they were riders, and from all places, Morgantown, Indiana!

I started west on SR-50, then headed up north on some back roads through farm country. This was one of the prettiest, and calming routes I have taken up to the soup run. Coming in from the north and Door County is hard to beat. The route still needs some improvement, but next year I will have it. I need to move more of the route to SR 181 and the Kettle Moraine Scenic Bi-Way.

Here is a shot of some Wisconsin Farmland




Here is a shot of the landscape just south of Dundee, WI




For the second year in a row, I showed up early enough to park in the driveway.




And by the way, Coyotes love the Soup Run, too!




I met a lot of first timers, and judging from the line of bikes, there had to be a lot of new people, because there were bikes than ever!!






Heck, I have the reputation for traveling a long way to get a bowl of soup? Check this out!




I met some really great new people, especially this new couple Gene and Lana. He told me the story of how they got married, after a few references to his "Starter Wife".

I took a panaramic after a couple bowls of soup




Before I got too serious about heading back, I had to fuel up. I headed east and back into farm country. I ended up taking a lot of the road that I came up on, but it was such a pleasant ride, I didn't mind.

On my way back, I stopped in this little place called Genesse Depot, I thought it was quaint.






I am thinking next year, I may stay in Heartland, about 50 miles from Kenosha, then come back to Kenosha after the Soup Run. Be less to travel in the morning, have more time to see some sights. Besides, I keep hoping for more company to come along, and I thinking next year could be the year!

I got back the hotel, unpacked some items, and then took a short trip to Phoenix Family Diner. I had a great steak, and then it was back to the room to settle in for the night. I was to get up early, to continue the tradition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans