Monthly Meeting Time!

Thursday, July 5th, 2007

Well, here it is the First Thursday of the month, can't believe it is July already!!

I headed out early, as I wanted to check out a hotel that is a possibility for Gathering of Eagles XII, the National Rally for Cruiser Club, USA, as we are the host chapter. I started out heading west on Washington Street. I made a brief run up Shortridge to drop off some mail.

I beared right onto Tibbs, which turns straight north, and took me to 16th Street. I took 16th west past the track, and onto Crawfordsville Road. At High School Road, instead of going north, I went south on US 136. After turning onto the wrong Waterfront Parkway, I made my way to the Clarian Waterfront Inn. I parked the bike in the shade, and stepped inside.

After a tour by the night manager, I returned to the bike, and tooled around the parking lot. The lot was ample, including a little area on the west side that would be great for a bike correl, a place for us to park the bikes and gather in the evening.

I returned on US 136 heading east, and then North on High School Road. After about a mile, I was at 30th Street, and pulling into McGilvery's Speedway Pub.

The meeting was small, but featured a new couple that joined. I might have scared everyone of with the "V" word, volunteer. I will probably have to delegate later the jobs needed for GOE.

I took my normal route, North on High School Road to 38th Street, then east on 38th until it connects to I-65. I continue through town until I get to Super 70, I-70 under construction, and cruised around the 45 mph limit. The best part is no semi's!

I arrived at the ramp for 465, took it south, and got on Washington Street.

Tomorrow I will be riding back to WFYI to work in the morning and early afternoon. No need for another post, it will be a boring trip anyway!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans