Here Kitty, Kitty




Saturday, August 4th, 2007

For this morning's ride, I would need to head out early, and run an errand before arriving. You see, on Friday, I had dropped off some scrap metal to sell, and they require your Driver's License, as many have been stealing certain metals like copper. Well, the cashier forgot to give my license back, so I had to go and get it before I led a group of bikers without it!!

I started out on Washington Street, heading west toward downtown. I veered off at Pleasant Run Parkway, and meandered my way south and west until I arrived at the scrap yard. I slowly pulled into the dirt and mud parking lot, and got called at by the security guard. Not sure what he thought I was going to do? I got my license, interestingly enough from a little storage box next to the cash register which held other people's forgotten licenses.

With license in wallet, I head south on Keystone Avenue to Raymond Street, which I took west to Kentucky Avenue. Kentucky Avenue goes south and west, and leads into SR 67, and after going under 465, brings me to the meeting spot.

As I pulled into the BP/McDonalds, I could see six other bikes, looks like a good turnout.

After a little chat, and a riders meeting for the new people with me today, we took off down SR 67. After 19 miles, we took a back road, Shelton, west, and began weaving through a nice wooded area. We would cruise on Wilbur Road for a short time before turning off on to Upper Patton Woods Road. Somewhere, this road becomes Berean Road, and leads us to Little Hurricane. We wander through woods and horse farms, avoiding the wild turkeys until we get to Big Hurricane Road.

The rest of the road was pretty straight, and chipped and sealed. Although they were a little skimpy on the seal, so we had a few places where we had to slow through the slippery gravel.

I had picked our destination because some of the Shapiro's Group had been here, and they loved it. However, they all failed to warn me of the gravel road you must take to get there!! We all braved it, and got into the center. This stopping point is the Exotic Feline Rescue Center.

This was a very cool place, and the cats are amazing by themselves, but to get so close, and really see what they are like, is just unbelievable.














The seemed as though it might be ruined by a Marlin Perkins want to be, who not only seemed to know everything about exotic cats, but argued with the tour guide on several occasions. We were all about ready to feed him to the enclosure with the most hungry felines!!

The most interesting behavior I noticed was that they seemed especially attentive to the young girls with us, one five, one nine. They were the smallest, and probably the slowest of "the herd", so they were eyeing for the hunt!

After about an hour, we hopped back on the bikes, and took off for lunch. Lunch was okay, we had a lot of good stories told. We then headed up north to Brazil, Indiana on SR 59, then headed back to the capital city on US 40, the National Road. It was a hot trip, but we arrived in town around 3pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back in the Saddle, and the Gravel, and the Rain, Again.

Less About the Riding