Life Needs a Rumble

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Take a mental journey with me, when a Lion wants to let you know its presence, it roars. When a bear rares up on its hind legs, it growls. When you really want to get fired up, and motivate yourself, you can feel rumble in your gut. Life Needs a Rumble, I realized that today while cruising down The National Highway, US 40.

But how did I get there, and where did I go later? The motorcycle part of this journey begins with me heading East on Washington Street. After crossing under 465, the street moves traffic slowly past several shops and restaurants. One of the shops I wanted to stop at. My cell phone plan is coming due, and I can get a new phone, so I need to look at what I want. Usually I don't get the latest of any phone, so I have friends that have the phone I want, so I can feel it is my hand. Not this time,so far, so I wants to check the phone out.

After my brief stop, I exited the shopping mall on to Mithoffer Road. I took it north to Tenth Street. I took it East until it ends into a neighborhood. I went north on Muesing Road in Cumberland to Twenty-First Street. Usually I take this East all the way to Fortville Road, but construction would keep me from that. I took a detour south, it was an ok road, and it spilled me out on US 40, not far from Cumberland. After the traffic passed, I rolled East on the two lanes of The National Road. It was this wide open lane, the bike revving through the gears to get to 55 miles per hour, that the rumble jarred my thoughts from being upset with the detour, and rumbled the happiness of the ride. The bike was sounding great, roaring over the asphalt, and getting up to speed. Though the rumble would even at when I got to speed, the growl was still a happy note.

I would take US 40 East into the western outskirts of Greenfield. I turned north on Meridian Street, and took it to County Road 100. This is the extension of 21st Street. I took it further East to Fortville Road. There is a unique school here on the corner, sometime I will have to take a picture!

I took Fortville Road north. This road has some twists and turns on it, and some good scenery along the way. There is a great neighborhood of homes around a lake. The homes each have a different style. After a nice trip on this road, I turn West and South on US-36/SR-67.

Along this road, I ducked into a gas station, as the sun was beginning to boil me on the bike. I didn't need gas, but could use a few gulps of the water I had with me. It was a nice break, and I was able to stand in some shade for a few minutes.

I continued South and West on US-36, which parts of this road, but it remains SR-67, and eventually becomes Pendleton Pike as it enters town. I veered off on 56th Street, and made my way to Star Financial Bank. I had a deposit to drop off.

I exited this shopping area on to Post Road. I took it South, back to Pendleton Pike, and then continued south and west. I was on my way to Menards to get my birthday gift, and a drill bit. I took the liberty of parking the bike under the overhang, next to a scooter, to let the seat alone in the shade. It was a short trip into the store.

I returned on the Pike, then headed south on Shadeland Avenue. I took it until I got to Tenth Street, then headed East to my neighborhood street. One last chance to let the rumble ring through my body. If I every loose that rumble, I don't think I could ever be happy again!

South and west to Star Financial, then to Menard's. SOuth on Shadeland to tenth and back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans