Independence Day 1

Friday, July 4th, 2008

Well, it is the day that we here in United States celebrate our fore fathers taking up arms, and creating a new nation. We can be free from a lot of things, but this morning, rain would not be one of them. But it stopped, and dried out in time for me to ride up to party number one. Of course, if it had kept raining, there would be nothing to read!

Around 2:30 in the afternoon, I took off and head out for the first party. I rode out to Washington Street, then headed north on Shadeland Avenue until Fall Creek Parkway. I swept my way around the Parkway until 86th Street, then headed back west to Mud Creek. After a short stint north, I entered the neighborhood of party number one.

After a couple of hours, I was ready to head out for party number two. I didn't want to waste time, so I found the quickest way to 465, and headed south. I took that to I-65, I am sure the bike thought we were going to Columbus. I turned at Main Street in Greenwood, and headed back east the Valle Vista Golf Club. Surround the course were the homes of Valle Vista, and where party number two was held.

Before I reveal my travel home, I thought I should mention that this is a bit of an Independence Weekend for myself. This is about the first time that I went out to something that I normally would have been with Nina. I did run into some people that knew us, but had no way of contacting them, so they heard the news for the first time. So being able to go to both parties, come and go as I please, and stay as late as I wanted, was a very freeing experience for me.

Now that trip home, sorry, it was not worth waiting for. I just headed back to I-65, then 465, and then Shadeland back to Washington Street.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans