A Guy Could Get Used to This Kind of Friday

Friday, May 26, 2006

As I have mentioned many times before, I hate Fridays, usually. For me, Friday is the day I work the most, and is often the source of enough frustration to last the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Mondays either, but Friday has to be the worst. However, this Friday, no business show, the thorn in my side. Actually, the show is no that bad to do, but I have only missed about a dozen of the weekly productions, and I have done the same job for most of them, and I am over it. Besides that, the show takes longer than it needs to, which takes up any time to make it better. So at the end of the morning, I have poured blood, sweat and swear words into a show I am far from proud of. In fact, I don't think I have ever watched a show all the way through.

So here I am with a Friday Morning with no commitments! I decided to take a few hours off in the morning, go in late, and pick up the tapes for the afternoon show on my way to work. My route would far from normal, as my first stop was the Post Office. I passed the YMCA along the way, and a couple of men were changing out the sign. I knew Tony, one of the Sunday Morning Bunch was the company, and I was little surprised to see him up in the cherry picker basket, doing the labor. After dropping off my package, I returned to the YMCA, and chatted for a second.

From there, I headed up to tenth street, and then west until College Avenue. The area along tenth street is seeing some growth, and the old homes that were boarded up, are now covered with fresh coats of paint, and are cared for once again.

On Collage, I went north to 22nd Street, West to Meridian, and then south to WISH-TV, the CBS affiliate. They will be picking up the business show as well as already airing Indiana Week In Review. There is a one week delay, so the reason for no show.

It is a short drive down TV Station Row to get to WFYI. I pulled in and parked.

The ride home on Friday was forshadowing for the Race Weekend. There is something different in the air, it was heat and humidity. The race weekend was going to be hot, hot, hot! This year the race is effectively two hours later, starting at one, and since, once again, we are in the wrong time zone, eastern daylight time moved it to one o'clock. I can remember days when I was younger racing out of church to get into the car and tuning in the race. It was about the only time we used AM on the radio. For those of you wondering, we don't get the live feed of the race here in town, we can see a replay at 8:00 o'clock that evening. It used to be a week or even two later after the race, then I think it might have been on Monday for a year or two, but moved to Sunday, since Monday is reserved for remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

So I sweated out a ride home. The bike may be put up for the weekend, or at least Saturday, as Nina and I had made many plans for the holiday weekend.


Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Day Ride

Slowing Down to take it All In

Run to Badin Beach