Back to a Familiar Work Trip

Friday, June 15, 2007

It has been a while since I had to wake up early on a Friday Morning and head to a job. I have been self employed, or semi-retired as my mom puts it, for almost two months. Not only was I going back to the place I used to work, I was doing the job I used to do, more specifcally, training my replacement, wo also happens to be my neighbor who lives behind me!!

Anyway, the ride: it was my typical ride to the station, west on Washington Street until I went north on Delaware Street to Tenth Street, and a couple of more blocks to the west to Meridian Street. After four blocks, I arrived at the station.

Wasn't heading home from work, was heading Nina's Stepmother's for dinner. I started going north on Meridian Street to Fall Creek Parkway. It was backed up with traffic, and as I approached the source, the Police Car and Ambulance pulled away.

I veered off of the parkway onto 38th Street, and headed east. Back in front of Menard's, I took Pendelton Pike. I was on the pike for a quite a while, past Sunny Side Drive until I would come up on my destination's street.

Nothing like a home cooked meal, and it was time to go home and pack up the bike. I went back down Pendelton Pike, got fueled up at Shadeland and the Pendleton, and then went south on Shadeland to my bank's ATM to gas up the wallet with some cash.

I took Tenth Street to my neighborhood road, and home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans