Dinner at the Pud: Here We Go Again!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

It is a Thursday Night, and if you read regularly, you know where I am headed tonight! I started out heading west on Washington Street, taking Emerson Avenue north to Kessler Boulevard. Kessler turns through town, and I rode it past College Avenue to a side street, Broadway Avenue. A gal from WFYI lives on this street, and I jokingly stalk her, by cruising past her house on Thursdays. She is usaully never there, but it is a quiet street, and nice to ride on.

I got onto Westfield Boulevard, then took College North to 106th Street. The last couple of times I have come up to the PUD (Parental Unit Dwelling), this street has been terribly backed up. This week, it was clear sailing. I entered their neighborhood of Orchard Park on School Parkway, then rode around the neighborhood. What we called "The Big Block" when we were kids growing up here. It was a rite of passage to be able to bicycle the whole thing at once!!

I honked the horn as I past my friend's, Jeff's House. Shortly after I pulled into my parent's driveway, dodging them, and young lady talking to them. As I got myself off the bike, I could hear they were talking about motorcycles. Not sure who she was, or where she came from?

I presented Dad with his gift, and guess what? He had already bought himself a new, more powerful cordless drill!! Well, I am back to gift cards!

After dinner, and talking about the gal that in the driveway, she was selling insurance, and has a boyfriend who just bought a sport bike, and is waiting to get his license. Did feel very good about that, as usually young men who are new riders and have a sport bike find their way to an early grave!

My return home would take me south on Westfield Boulevard to 99th Street. I would take the back way into Nora Plaza, and make a stop at Wild Oats.

After packing the groceries into the bike, I headed east on 86th to Keystone Avenue, and took the ramp to 465. I took that super slab around town, arriving Washington Street, and then home.

Dinner at the PUD, Father's Day gift, passing Kyle's and the Park. Lady in the driveway, Dad and Gifts, mom helped. Wild Oats, return trip, rain after getting home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans