Heaven

Saturday, June 9, 2007

If everyday was like it was today, I would be in Heaven!! The morning broke with clear blue skies, illuminated by the rising sun, and the temps were moving up over the 60 Degree mark. The sun would shine all day long, the sky would get even bluer, and the air would only rise to 80 Degrees. If you have ever ridden, then I just wrote a definition for the word PERFECT! No wings or lairs for me, just give me two wheels and I am in heaven.

Now for the ride! Wade issued late notice that he would lead todays ride, so I wan't expecting many to showed up. Just as the weather was perfect for riding, it would be perfect for anything outside! So it would be only Wade and Easyrider White with me today.

We met at a McDonald's/BP Combo that is on SR 67 (Kentucky Avenue), just south of 465. It has a large parking lot, fuel, restrooms, and the fast food joint. We would start out by continuing south on SR 67 to Rob Hill Road. This is a great, tree lined and twisty road that is just not long enough!! It would meet SR 39, another great ride to the north, but we were headed south. SR 142 was closed, so we could not continue west.

When we arrived back on SR 67 from SR 39, we turned south for a mile or so, and heading west again on Wilbur Road. We followed it west, and a little north to Upper Patton Woods Road, and then Berean Road. We then went south on Little Hurricane, all of these are roads I am very familiar with, twisty, tree lined, and wind through farms. These are some of my favorite roads!!

We continued winding through the country roads until we got to SR 46. We headed west, and turned south on SR 43. This road is marked with large yellow signs, with bold black letters warning of Curvy Roads ahead, and Trucks should not use it as a through road. I know it is a warning, but to me it is an invitation!!

We wound our way along the State Highway. About 11 miles in, you come upon the town of Whitehall. But first, you crest a hill that provides one of the best view of Indiana! Someday I will go there on my own, so I can park and take some pictures. Definately something to put on the Fall Color Checklist!!

SR 43 reached it end at SR 48, and we jog to join up with SR 45. We continue weaving our way through the hills of Southern Indiana, and come upon the town of Bedford, Indiana. We would grab some Mexican Food for lunch here.

The tanks were full, both the bellies of the riders, and of the bikes, and headed oout to meander our way back to Indy. We started out on SR 54, which took us to SR 246. North we went, crossing Monroe Resevoir, and into Bloomington, Indiana. After a brief stop for Wade to donate some of his processed iced tea, we continued out of town on SR 46. About two thirds of the way on this road, we came upon a truck towing a trailer. It was slow going. Before we got to SR 135, Wade flipped on his signal, and we headed up a road called Caramel Ridge. It was a great country road that runs along 135, and eventually brings us to Morgantown, Indiana. Here we would join 135, and continue north through Trafalger.

South and west of Franklin, we turned east on SR 144, and cruised our way through Franklin, until we got to I-65. We took the interstate north. Along the superslab, Wade continued north, while Easyridder and I took the ramp for I-465. I would peel away from Easyrider at the Shadeland Avenue Exit, and head north to Washington Street.

It was most assuredly the best day of the year for riding, and probably the best day for riding I have had in along time!! When I die, I hope go to this day, over and over again!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans