Running Errands

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A lot of people hate running errands. I can see why, because you spend a lot of time and effort to not get a whole lot done. I am with you, I don't like running errands either, unless the sun is shining, and the bike is waiting in the driveway.

First stop, Star Financial Bank, my furthest point out, and my bank for my company. I started out heading east on Tenth Street, and decided to take it to Post Road. I went north, and would be on Post Road for a while, until 56th Street. From there it is a short trip to the bank, I actually took a back way through a shopping center.

Next stop would be an auto parts store, as I was running out of Chrome Polish for the bike. I took Post Road south this time, and to only Pendleton Pike. The pike runs south and west, and right past an O'Reily Auto Parts. Chrome Polish stowed in the trunk, I went further down Pendleton to Menard's.

Not sure if I saved big money, but I got supplies for the roof, and packed them away. Pack to Pendleton Pike, heading north and east, but just for a half a block to get to Shadeland Avenue. Shadeland Avenue would take me south to another bank, First Indiana, where I do my personal banking.

With a visit to the ATM and the Depositry completed, I rode another half block south to Tenth Street, and stopped at the Kroger. The stop was all that and bag of chips, literally! I was getting a bag of Black Pepper and Seasalt Kettle Chips. Love'em! And I had surprise, the five dollar and nine cent price was reduced to three dollars and fifty cents! I wish I had more room on the bike!! Maybe I will have to come back tomorrow, and stock up!!

Just south of the Kroger along Shortridge Avenue is my next stop, the Post Office. After dropping off some mail, I continued south on Shortridge to Washington Street. Another half block to the east, and I was nearly home.

So you probably feel like you just wasted your time reading about your errands, but you have held it off long enough, just go out and do them!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans

Riding for the Fallen