The Big Meeting of the Year?

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Here it is the first Thursday of the month, and time for another meeting of the Indianapolis Chapter of Cruiser Club, USA. I headed out on Washington Street, heading west into downtown Indianapolis. I took it right to the center of town, Meridian Street, and headed north.

After a mile and half or so, I headed west again on 16th Street. I had my half helmet on, wasn't listening to music or anything, just riding through the heat of the day! The mercury had climbed past 90, and the humidity had to be as high, if not higher.

Right near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, I beared to the north and west on Crawfordsville Road. This would lead me to High School Road, about the 21st Block. Another mile or so, and I would be at McGilvery's Speedway Pub. Besides being able to sit outside, this place has been very accomodating to us meeting there. I pulled into the parking lot, and into a space.

It wasn't long, and the bikes began to pour in. Eventually, it would be 12 or 13 bikes, filling out the parking space I took, the one next to it, and nearly the length of the building! I counted 25 in attendance, which I think is a record! Two new members joined also!! A lot of conversation flowed, and so did a lot of Iced Tea!

With this many people, it can be hard to get away, and conversations lingered until I was sitting on the bike, and ready to fire up the engine.

I started by heading north on High School Road. I turned east on 38th Street, and cruised through a few lights. 38th turns into I-65, which I take through town, and onto I-70. Still moving east through town, I arrive at 465, which I take south to Washington Street. A few more blocks, and I am back home.

Wade is leading a ride Saturday Morning, so I am looking forward to another ride where I follow, not lead. Wade had a tradition of buying my lunch when I lead, time to return the favor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans