Long Day, Two Rides!

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Morning came early, the alarm rang out at 5am. I had to be at the station by 6am, to load up the production vehicles, and head out for the remote shoot I was directing.

When I rolled the bike back out of the garage, it was still dark, and a little cool. Actually, perfect weather for a ride. I could also feel some of the moisture in the air that was creating fog.

I was going to WFYI, where I used to work full time, and I took my usual route, beginning by heading west on East Washington Street. The traffic was heavier than what I thought it would be. Maybe more people are working earlier so they can get home earlier, and not deal with the heat of the day at 5pm. Once downtown, I headed north on Delaware to Tenth Street. After a couple more blocks west, I made it to the main north-south corridor for Indianapolis, Meridian Street. It would be four more blocks north, and I would arrive at WFYI. I was there right at 6am, and part of the crew had arrived, while some still needed to show.

After solving the usual technical problems associated with taking lots of equipment out in the field, the production moved quickly, and I believe we stayed ahead of the guests coming in for interviews.

After lunch, and unloading the gear, I hopped back on the back, it was much brighter, the sun was burning strong, and a lot hotter! I started out south on Pennsylvania Street to New York Street. I took the one way road heading east until it becomes Pleasant Run Parkway. It T's at Pleasant Run Golf Course, so I headed north, as I need to stop by Ace Hardware for some retainer clips, as one got lost from my trunk retention system.

I took Tenth Street further east to my street, and arrived at home.


Later that day...

The recent weather pattern has been more like that of July and August, hot, humid, and a chance of rain. So far most days, the rain had not come, or came while the skies were dark, and I was snuggled in bed.

Today was no exception, as it looked as though the skies would remain clear. With that, I decided to ride to the PUD (Parental Unit Dwelling) for my weekly free dinner.

I also decided that I just wanted to get there, so I might be able to get back earlier than usual, work on packing, and maybe get the front yard mowed. I hopped up on 465, and made my way around town. Traffic was heavy in the places I suspected, but things kept rolling. I exited at the Keystone Ramp, and headed north to 98th Street. As I was slowing to a stop in the traffic island, I saw a motorcycle coming my way. The rider was not wearing a helmet, and I could see his head cocked to the side. I issued my standard wave, but got nothing in return. When he passed, I could see why his head was tilted. It was pressing his cell phone into his shoulder so he could talk while he was riding!! When I see this guys brains scattered across the asphalt, I won't be surprised!!

I took 98th Street west until it T's at a golf course called Sunrise. I got north on Westfield Boulevard to my parent's street, and arrive at the PUD.

My mom works at Nursery School, and the end of the year was winding down, so she receives numerous gifts from the parents. Tonight, she would use the one for Panera Bread Company to help buys our dinner.

I was able to take off early, and I rode south on Westfield to 96th Street, rounded three-quarters of the roundabout, and headed east to Keystone Avenue. I ramped my way back to 465, and headed for home.

As I approached I-70, I could feel drops of rain hitting me, and see them hitting the windshield. It wasn't a hard rain, and the cold droplets felt good!! I arrived home, with hardly any evidence of the pour.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Less About the Riding

Riding with Veterans